Let's Talk | A Conversational Skills Workbook for Children With Autism and Special Needs
Please note that this is an eBook. Click here to buy the Paperback Version on the Amazon platform
Children with Autism and Special Needs find navigating the dangerous minefield of Social Skills and Conversations terrifying, confusing and frustrating.
While we engage in conversations seamlessly responding when someone is talking to us or using appropriate body language when engaging in small talk, children with Autism and Special Needs find keeping track of social rules quite overwhelming. These kids don’t pick up these rules naturally.
In fact, people consider children with Autism reluctant to engage with others. But in reality, lack of socialization is often the outcome of their insufficient social and communicational skills, rather than lack of interest.
Difficulties in initiating and maintaining conversations often prohibit these children from developing friendships and hinder their performance in school. So it is extremely important that they need to be taught these social skills.
The content of this Conversational Skills Workbook is not only educative but fun and engaging . It is simple and easy to help you teach these children to effectively communicate and develop excellent self-confidence while speaking. There are numerous result-driven tools, tables, exercises, and engaging worksheets, created to help develop stronger learning and communication abilities.
- Is apt for children of any age. We have found that parents have been able to use these exercises with toddlers to bond with and with adult children with Autism too to improve their communication abilities
- Will help parents and guardians teach the child to learn how to act and speak in different social situations, make friends, learn from others and develop hobbies and interests.
- Seeks to improve conversational skills in children with video modeling, Social Stories, Behavioral Skills Training, and Personal Interaction
- Learn new methods to get them to know how to handle emotions, get comfortable with change,
- Teach ways to exhibit self-control, recognize and also vocalize their feelings
- Ways to improve conversational skills e.g. keeping eye contact, beginning/ending a conversation, and asking questions.
- Effective methods to assist these children to make sensible choices.
- Handle conflict and solve problems.
- Listen throughout a conversation and develop their non-verbal communication skills like smiling, nodding, etc.
- And much more
Get this book today to develop the communication skills of your child and get them started on their life journey.
Take a look at some of the testimonials from parents who have read this book.
>> ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This book is a mine of information - Penelope from Charlotte, Maryland.
>> ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This book has helped my child - Henry from Kearny, New Jersey
>> ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Everything is wonderful about this book - Mateo from Redmond, Washington
The paperback version is available only on Amazon website
About the Author
Susan Jules is a single parent and a mother of a 16 year old Special Needs Child. She is very passionate about Special Needs Education and is quite involved in the activities of her child's school. She lives with her son Nathan and her dog Ranger in a small farm near Rexburg, Idaho.